click here for that entry.
Today’s blog hop is in support of Operation Write Home. This non-profit group sends homemade cards to our deployed forces so that they can write home. Since Fabulous Spouse’s brother will be headed to the sandbox in a few weeks to do his one year tour, and Fabulous Spouse, himself, will be gearing up for an Iraq deployment at the end of the year, this seemed like a perfect fit for us and our extra cards!
For any of you interested in using some of your stash to help support this cause, the Easter deadline is March 18th and the Mother's Day deadline is March 31st.
To make this rose, just grab some scrap paper (this was leftover paper from an 8x8 album where Creative Me sacrificed a lot of 12 x 12 cardstock to get it done).
Then the tricky part, rolling the flower. We found that if you cut your base and put adhesive on it first (we used 1 1/8 circle and ATG tape) then set it aside, the assembly process was easier.
Another trick that Creative me discovered is to lightly mist once adhered to the circle and press down. This makes sure that the paper fibers set this way and do not try to spring back and pop off the page like our first attempt. Ta Da!
As for the something new and keeping it neat, we have done neither. The POW and OCD Me are proud of the Inner Hoarder for not using this week as an excuse to shop, but to be honest, we have been so busy that she just has not has the chance. We have, however, survived three Girl Scout cookie sales (one rain, one hail SERIOUSLY!, and thankfully one indoors), two wrestling matches, cub scouts and boy scouts! Using what we’ve got, Creative me also got more of the Iraq 2007 book done. We will have to post them later as the scanner and my computer are not speaking. (*update: layouts posted here*)
Three weeks left until the Organization Challenge restarts! Can you believe that we will actually make it to Week 29 this time!
For those on the blog hop this is where you are (I did not post the whole list as there are 135 participants!) If you get too lost you can always go back to OWH and pick it back up:
Leave a comment and we will give some blog candy (and paper roses) to one person! Since there are so many blogs, we will close this on March 12th!
60. Tammy, My Craft Central, you'll link to Amanda at http://scrappnbee.blogspot.com/ *you are here*
61. Amanda, Scrappnbee the Scrapbooker, you'll link to Shelley at http://shelleyscreations.blogspot.com/
62. Shelley, Shelley's Paper & Ink, you'll link to Mari at http://marikocreations.blogspot.com/
63. Mari, Heartfelt and Handmade by Mari K., you'll link to holley at http://helloholley.blogspot.com/
64. holley, holley's hobbies, you'll link to Velda at http://oldstamper.blogspot.com/
65. Velda, Oldstamper Musings, you'll link to Cheryl at http://shestamps.blogspot.com/