Monday, May 17, 2010

Organize your Stuff: Week 20-Diecuts

Ok, the piles upstairs are getting smaller and smaller (as the Inner Hoarder and PA Me keep telling me not to look at the mountains of memorabilia-Week 24), and the dining room gets more and more full.

Here is this week’s layout, as I continue to work on my Easter mini-album.  It's not fancy, but it has a lot of pictures, and four diecuts:
The question of the week is this: Now that we are 2/3 of the way through this experience, how are things coming together for you?
For me, despite the ongoing need for some mental group therapy, things are going very well. I have created a layout or project every week, and I have discovered the wonderful world of blogging (although I am still working at it…OCD Me says I need a Blogging for Dummies manual so that I can do better). I am 90% sure that this hostile takeover is going to end in success! … still ignoring the memorabilia.  It should be added to Vizzini's list: 1)Never fight a land war in Asia, 2)Never go against a Sicilian when Death is on the line, and now 3) Never try to usurp the space of a serious (or not so serious) Scrapbooker, or marriage might be on the line! Yes/No?

I do not have many diecuts. What I do have, have come from crops or my first 2 years of mommy scrapping when diecuts were IT! …not so much any more. The POW thought easy! Just dump most of this into Girl Friday’s stash and call it a day. But the Inner Hoarder can remember that baby layout for the illusive and rarely photographed Middle Child… the Easter layout that never got scrapped because we moved…again.  Wild Asparagus frames and phrases...that are well Wild Asparagus! PA Me started to comfort her, and OCD Me began to stomp her foot, because it is highly unlikely that any of these will see the light of day on a layout which she is overseeing…

Agreeing to disagree, and feeling a little disappointed at not getting to purge, the POW decides to put them in a small cropper hopper sleeve…figuring that eventually the POW will need more room for paper, and at that time the Inner Hoarder and PA Me will get overruled. Token purging- 1 sheet of Valentine diecuts to Girl Friday.

Gearing up for another fight-Pens and Pencils next week

No comments: