Monday, May 3, 2010

Organize your Stuff: Week 18 Tools & Adhesive

Question of the Week: What is your must have tool? Mine is my perfect layers tool. I used it this week… I use it any week something is matted. If you are among the many saying what is a perfect layers tool? It looks like a ruler, but is notched the length of the ruler to give you an exact strait edge to the depth you want (Currently, exclusively at HSN, used to be on QVC when they did scrapbooking). Slap a picture anywhere on paper, put a (insert fraction here) inch side pressed along the edge of the photo, use an exacto blade along the edge of the perfect layer…
Voila! Perfect mat!



Every time we start a broad category like this, my Inner Hoarder starts having fits. She is convinced that that something that I got somewhere will get purged down to that donate pile or...*gasp*be shared with Girl Friday (translate: will be broken or lost within 72 hours). However, since I do scrap regularly (now), and I have always cropped, OCD Me was quick to comfort her since that part of the week…like so many of the others recently, she has already finished. This was not enough for the POW, however.
So, this morning, the POW re-read Zen Master Wookiemouse’s blog. Yes, OCD Me told her, it says tools, and I got the tools organized…We are done! Nope. The POW was sure that she had seen something…yes, there it was. When the Fabulous Crisann has listed her version of the weeks as links in the initial post of each week, she had posted Week 18: Tools and Adhesives. I hate the POW.

Adesives!?! During clean sweep week, OCD Me made a huge pile of those things, because there was no Adhesives week. Now the POW wants me to get up and really do something for the first time in weeks! PA Me is not happy. She has been doing pretty good these past few weeks, doing a layout, taking a few pictures, maybe straitening up a little… She and OCD Me have actually been getting along.

So, upstairs I went to tackle the mountain of adhesives which OCD had collected just a short 15 weeks ago… It is a BIG pile, but it is mostly Xyron, so it really is just a matter of finding room in the hutch. Still, PA Me kept trying to remind me that laundry still needed to be done-- I reminded her laundry… move boxes… laundry… move boxes. Boxes won.

Now 11 weeks to go…Next week-Chipboard.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I didn't know what perfect layers tool was. So I looked it up. Boy that is one cool tool.
Wish I had one. I am anal about having perfect borders.

ScrappnBee said...

They currently you can only get them at HSN (used to sell to QVC). If you are anal about borders this is the tool for you! (OCD Me can vouch!)