Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Organize your Stuff: Week 15 (round 3): Inks, Ink Pads, and Embossing

Woo Hoo! Turn up the Bon Jovi! We are half way the-r-e! We have hit week 15 in a 29 week process of organizing and the POW has just a few grey hairs from the experience! However, through much negotiation with all of my inner selves, we have come a long way baby! OCD Me is not quite happy with our spaces, but it has come a LONG way from the disaster that we started with at the beginning of round 2!

This week is inks, ink pads, and embossing. All of these things are items that OCD Me has taken care of beautifully (in theory)but Creative Me is very messy (my kids get it from somewhere) and PA Me is usually left to clean up the mess. Therefore, I find that simple solutions are best (even if they are sometimes a little more expensive).

Here is my Design Team Card for Tuesday Trio Sketch 45. Oh, and it is MY Sketch! (Yeah Me!) you can enter too and share a card or layout (holiday craziness permitting!)


If you look at the card, you will see an embossing resist technique that can be used on both cards and scrapbooking layouts.

I just used my Versamark Ink Pad to stamp a clear image on the paper. Then, I used clear embossing powder to emboss the image. I then watered down some brown acrylic paint, and painted over the image. Finally, I wiped the still wet paint off of the clock image to get this weathered look. Creative Me thinks it is pretty cool.
I have found my last four blogs to complete my obligations for the Stylish Blogger Award.

http://www.keshetstarr.com/ Keshet does some pretty stylish stuff and is on some cool design teams. Also , having grown up in the New Jersey/ New York metro, I feel like I am sending this award home!

http://pasigmom.blogspot.com/ Nina first caught my eye when I saw how she changed an ordinary padded manila shipping envelope and turned it into art! I love her style as she has the ability to layer ephemera and create things that make me look positively bland!

http://www.paperpilekitten.com/ OMG! Her 12 days of Christmas are over the top! Talk about stylish for the holidays! Definitely deserving of this award!

http://heaven-sentscrapbooking.blogspot.com/ Ingeborg is my last Stylish Blogger, but definitely not the least! She does cards and layouts and they are all fabulous!

Remember, to accept the award, you do the following:

Link back to the site that gave you the award when you accept it.
List 8 things about yourself that your readers might not know. (here's mine)
Pass this award on to up to 8 Stylish Blogs (here are my first 4 blogs)
Congrats!!!!

Alright, now for the reason that you guys keep reading, a peek at my scraproom.  Like I said, OCD Me tackled this a while ago, so here is my ink and embossing storage.

Here is my Close to My Heart Ink Tower. It has its own carrying bag to take to crops.

My Stampin’ Up Pigment Inks. I don’t use them as much as I used to in the past. However, sometimes you just need a good pigment ink that stays wet for a while.

My Quick Quotes Powderpuff Inks that are a chalk ink/pigment hybrid. They live upside down (to keep the ink on top) in this little tote that I got at a CKC Seattle class with my small Glimmer Mist collection and Stickles.
Finally, my embossing box.  I took out the embossing gun for this picture, but it all stays together in this box (with flock too!).

On Friday, I will post a picture of my room with the before and after and after so far! Have a Happy December! Two batches of cookies down, a million to go!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the award! :)
I love your card!

hilde janbroers said...

love your card! thank for the sweet comment on my blog!

Becky said...

Love that banner on your card. I need to figure out something to do with my ink pads. They're a jumbled mess right now!

ScrappnBee said...

Becky-for starters, however you end up, you may want to store them upside down so that the ink stays at the top. That way that ink pad you bought 6 months (or 2 yrs) ago but never used won't seem dry when you need it. Darned that gavity thing! LOL!

Nina said...

Thanks so much for the award! You're too sweet. =)

Love your projects and thanks for sharing such interesting blogs. =)

Sue Althouse said...

Great card - love the flower and the embossing technique!

Tracy said...

I was doing an organizational challenge last year, and stopped at this part.
I finally have everything the way I like and I use them so much more.

Your card is awesome, such a cool sketch.

Tammy said...

Congrats on your organizing success. I'll check back and look at the finished product. Love the fun cards too.

Keshet said...

Thank you so much, I'm so honored! SO very appreciated:) I actually have a little treat I'd like to send you as a thank you (you really made my day!), so shoot me an email at keshet.shenkar@gmail.com if you can!