Saturday, December 10, 2011

Organize your Stuff: Week 7(round 5): Ideas part 2

Here is one of our Christmas Cards.  Creative Me was using paper from Theresa Collins when it needed just a little something more. What a great Idea! She ended up using the cuff from our Starbucks Peppermint Mocha.
Ok. This is our fourth time visiting Idea Week. The first time (round 2), the Inner Hoarder used her Jedi mind tricks and convinced us that these were not the magazines we were looking for. Move along…

However, with repeated visits, we have made progress. The second time (round 3) we momentarily subdued the Inner Hoarder, and started thinning the stash by cutting out the ideas that we liked, and discarding the rest of the magazine. A few magazines in, OCD Me was horrified at the mess, started contemplating filing systems… and then PA Me got us distracted.

Last round, we had a small breakthrough with the POW’s realization that most of what we used for ideas and inspiration were inside us or on the internet. However, since PA Me and the Inner Hoarder had been passing notes when nobody was looking, nothing got done…again.

This time, OCD Me was having none of it. We were going to make a dent in this pile of paper and finally allow some trees to complete their circle of life and be recycled. Now, you must realize, that we have magazines going back to 2000 or so… So, there is A LOT of paper to purge.

It may or may not have taken a little liquid courage to bypass the Inner Hoarder… and a lot of duct tape! But we did it! By the way, Our Girl Friday is 4 feet tall!

As for the family, we have been doing things other than being human measuring tape. We have been in full Santa preparation mode. Santa visited Girl Friday at Girl Scouts, where they were collecting toys for terminally ill children.

Santa also came to the Carols and Cocoa at the Elementary school where Illusive Middle Child was singing.  Living up to his name, Illusive Middle Child stood in the back row, and was rather hard to photograph in his reindeer antlers.

Next Santa sighting…the Company kids Christmas Party this weekend. Boy, the big guy gets around!

5 comments:

Michelle Hernandez said...

You made me laugh out loud with the Jedi mind trick- I think I use the same trick entirely too much. Love how you used the corrugated part of the coffee cup in your Christmas card- it looks fantastic!

Staci said...

Wow! That's some stack! Cute photos too. :-)

Tracy said...

And I thought I had a lot of magazines when I did this....you got me beat, lol.
Good job!

Dena said...

I know what you mean about magazines. I always say I'm going to go through and tear out pages I want to keep, but I keep it putting it off. When I finally do, I just end up with another mess -- a mess of pages that need to be sorted and filed. LOL! TFS!

Aloha,
Dena
http://missdjones.blogspot.com/

Sue Althouse said...

That is one impressive paper stack! I'm also feeling the urge to purge - maybe it's an end of the year thing?