Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Organize your Stuff: Week 8/9(round 5): WOYWW 133
Welcome all to another wonderful Wednesday! Woe was the day when we only had our own desks to stare at us! We now have the WOYWW (What’s on your work desk Wednesday) world where we wander wistfully amongst the desks of our cyber craft pals, thanks in no small part to the Absolutely Awesome Julia, masterful mistress of the Stamping Ground.
Also, Happy Hanakkah to all those Jewish readers around the globe! Keep those driedels spinning and the gelt flowing! (my kids love Hanakkah gelt!)
Well here is a bird’s eye view of our desk today. WARNING: long post. Just skip to the end if you just want to see the desk!
Sketch #98: Inspiration Photo. Such a cool room with all the bubbles and circles.
The POW is interrupting at this point for an infomercial for Snickerdoodle Cookies (as promised) from two weeks ago.
Snickerdoodles: a Crinkle Cookie (Betty Crocker Recipe)
1 ½ cups sugar
½ cup stick butter, softened
½ cup shortening
2 large eggs
2 ¾ cups (or 1 lb by weight) flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
Cinnamon sugar (1/4 cup sugar & 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204.45 C).
2. Cream together sugar, butter, shortening and eggs in a large bowl.
3. In small bowl, mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add dry ingredients from small bowl to creamed ingredients in large.
5. Shape dough into 1 ¼ inch balls (approximately).
6. Roll balls in cinnamon sugar mix, and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet (they WILL spread)
7. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set (they will not brown).
8. Cool at least 1 minute on cookie sheet, then move to wire rack.
9. Eat. :)
Commercial Over. Now, on to the family segment!
We have been super busy, and probably will be until Fabulous Spouse leaves for Afghanistan after Christmas! We started with Las Vegas for Fabulous Spouse’s conference. Thanks FS’s company for an awesome last week of work trip!
… and Illusive Middle Child crafting his pinewood derby car for the races in January.
Is it time for Christmas yet? Have fun running about for your holidays! Hope that you have time to sit back and enjoy it! Happy WOYWW!