Saturday, October 23, 2010

Organize your Stuff: Week 7 (round 3): Ideas Part 2

Goodness what a week! I do not know what it is about ideas week that always seems to put PA Me in charge. I can always seem to find something else that needs to be done ahead of it. You know… help with kids homework, teacher conferences, sports practices, cooking, cleaning, doing three layouts! Fabulous Spouse, who seems to be watching a lot less football this season, even tried to help out and brought down all of my magazines from upstairs.

I think that all of those magazines were a little overwhelming. OCD Me started making mental lists into which all those ideas could be sorted. The PA Me demanded a sidebar with the POW. This was supposed to be a slow and methodical process, emphasis on the slow. In a battle between the spouse and the inner voices, the POW had only one recourse left. Alcohol. After a glass of wine, the universe seemed a little more stable, and it was back to work.  I am by no means done, but I have made a start! After all, I had told the girls from Two Peas that I was doing three layouts this week to try and capture the Glee Club theme this week.

This week was Country Music week at Dixie Pieces. Yes, that is right Carrie Underwood and Country Music. Like I said last week, country is not my genre of choice, and doing it two weeks in a row was a little frustrating for the POW. However, wine glass in hand I did my best to tackle it yet again. This time, instead of getting saved, you DID lose your car, boyfriend or dog! Oh, and you did it through a haze of red, white and blue Americana and patriotism. Like the previous weeks, we had 10 song titles from which to choose our layout title. So, these are my three…
This was our first and only trip to the Rodeo. We went while Fabulous Spouse was in Iraq, so I figured that you could not have anything more Patriotic or screaming Country Music!

This layout was from just this last week but the title made me laugh, as my Elusive Middle Child finally gave up his training wheels, making the sidewalks safe for no one!
Finally, on a softer note, this past summer, our first nephew arrived! Fabulous Spouse and I both remarked on how tiny he seemed. Partially because it seems that I can only birth linebackers, and it had also been so long since we have been around a newborn.

Although they were all special to me, in the end it was the Rodeo layout that I submitted to the contest. We will see if it captures the heart of Dixie (Pieces, that is)!

5 comments:

Steph said...

Great layouts! I never know what to do with my magazines. I hate to get rid of them but hate to have them stored collecting dust.

Elisa K said...

Love the layouts. I just purged about 100 magazines.. LOL

Becky said...

I don't know about you but I just feel bad getting rid of those magazines. It seems wrong. Lol! Love your layouts!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

Great layouts scrappnbee! i love getting organized! thanks for stoppin by my blog yesterday (siehledwithakiss.blogspot) and for your kind words! I would love it if you would sign up to follow me and I in turn would follow you!

Tracy said...

I think you madea wise choice in your layout selection. I am not a country music fan, but if I had to choose it would be that one.
How I tackled my mags, is I ripped out the idea's I wanted and glued them in a book. If it were articles I put them in a binder in page protectors. I did keeep all my Canadian Scrapbooks though I love that mag.